Introducing deafteen

deafteen

Reaction score
Hello, I am sorta new here but just want to chat here. I am born deaf with no signing language skills. I use lip reading to understands what they're saying but sometimes i ask them to write down whenever i dont understand them. I am the only person who is deaf in my family.

I am trying to find a way to improve my lip reading so that i can understand people better to improve my life better. Any suggestions or hints for this would be greatly appreciate.

As for me, being deaf is pretty hard but ill get used to it.

Thanks for your time reading this :) and i apologize if my english is poor.

:welcome: to alldeaf and I am sure you will enjoy it here as much as I do.
There is no need to apologize for your English. It is just fine :)

You are welcome :)

I am curious about whether or not you would like to learn sign language. Would you like to learn how to use it? It'd be wonderful if you did. I do both lip-reading and sign language but for myself I find using sign language to communicate with my deaf friends and through ASL interpreters does make my life much easier.

:wave: :welcome: to Alldeaf deafteen!!! I hope you will make many friends and enjoy your stay on AD!! Have fun posting, and welcome aboard!!! :)

I always wanted to learn how to sign language but i never get the chance to learn how to use them and yes, indeed, they are wonderful to use. I might be taking a deaf college to learn to use sign language. I used have a deaf friend that use sign language (doesnt know anything about lip-reading). He was actually pretty good using it (interesting to watch, good accuracy), but i couldnt never understood his sign languaging. Anyway, He is the reason why i wanted to learn to use sign language.

And im not sure whats ASL interpreters is. I have never heard of them.

deafteen said:
I always wanted to learn how to sign language but i never get the chance to learn how to use them and yes, indeed, they are wonderful to use. I might be taking a deaf college to learn to use sign language. I used have a deaf friend that use sign language (doesnt know anything about lip-reading). He was actually pretty good using it (interesting to watch, good accuracy), but i couldnt never understood his sign languaging. Anyway, He is the reason why i wanted to learn to use sign language.

And im not sure whats ASL interpreters is. I have never heard of them.

Hi Deafteen, I would encourage you to use American Sign Language ( ASL ) and this may be your very first time to see an ASL interpreter.

For example you are at school then the teacher speaks and then a sign language interpreter sits there and uses ASL to communicate what the teacher is saying. This is common in mainstream schools. I went to both mainstream and Deaf schools. That was over 10 years ago.

ASL interpreters have a very hard job and it is not easy.

You can check out the Registery of Interpreters for the Deaf http://www.rid.org

Yes, a Deaf college like Gallaudet University or National Technial Institute .... ( NTID ) for the Deaf would be good. Here are the 2 websites to these Deaf Universities.....

http://www.gallaudet.edu

http://www.ntid.rit.edu

You may be more comfortable at NTID.

You can check online of ASL on video clips for free at:

http://www.aslpro.com

Please have a good and a very safe summer and God Bless !!!!!

Hello there :wave:

Welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy your stay here :angel:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf deafteen! Not sure how well you're able to lipread now, but if you were to take some one-on-one lessons with a speech therapist to help recognize how some sounds/letters are formed and being able to more easily see the various patterns of how the mouth moves when forming words, letters, thus enabling to lipread more proficiently...also, even being in front of a mirror and say the letters-words so you can readily recognize them once someone else does such words/letters. ;)

Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD and have a good one now! :)

:welcome: to the :party: AD PARTY

P.S i'm a HoH teen and i use some asl I need to get better and i also read lips. ASL does help alot it cuts out some of the confusion. And if you ever just want another teen to talk to your more than welcome to pm me

rjr2006 & TweetyBird: Thanks a bunch :)

Lil_country_gal:
ASL does help alot it cuts out some of the confusion.
True that

And if you ever just want another teen to talk to your more than welcome to pm me
Cool, thanks for being so supportive. :)

Miss-Delectable: G'day to u too. I got everything i came here. Thanks to this forum site :) :thumb:

hey sorta

wel-comE to AD, dnt ye worry abt ingish, im not spared ether....Er

have a great timE

:stupid:

Back