I'm writing a novel and need advise

silverslug

Reaction score
I have been tossing around ideas for a romance novel for years. While lying in bed this morning it hit me. I want the hero of my story to be deaf and the heroine to be HOH like myself. I live in a relatively isolated area and have only had interaction with 2 deaf people. One was the mother of a schoolmate, she didn't have a job. The other is a young man I bought bread from at the farmer's market. I am still in the planning stage and need to pin down how these two people would meet. I work at a gym so that could be one way. He needs a job but not a lawyer because I am not researching that! Any suggestions?

Do we get a Co-Writers credit if you end up writing the next 50 Shades Of Grey? :)

Welcome btw!

I would advise against both deaf guy and woman. That would not be as attractive to mainstream readers. As a deaf woman. You can see on this site where lots of guys have a deaf woman fetish. If you get the storyline right you can get the dead woman used and abused then come out smelling like a rose.
2 deaf characters would only work if you sell the book at a deaf expo.
An idea, set the deaf woman in a job doing her business. Come night time when she shuts down she does not realize there is a man in the locker room. Suddenly she feels this hard masculine body grabbing her from behing. As she is dragged back to the weight room she tries to scream. But can only flail her arms.take it from there

I have been tossing around ideas for a romance novel for years. While lying in bed this morning it hit me. I want the hero of my story to be deaf and the heroine to be HOH like myself. I live in a relatively isolated area and have only had interaction with 2 deaf people. One was the mother of a schoolmate, she didn't have a job. The other is a young man I bought bread from at the farmer's market. I am still in the planning stage and need to pin down how these two people would meet. I work at a gym so that could be one way. He needs a job but not a lawyer because I am not researching that! Any suggestions?

Have you ever read the 'Heart is a Lonely Hunter'? It is about two deaf men and young teenage girl . If you had not read it yet you really should . It was written by a young woman named Carson McCullers.

Have you ever read the 'Heart is a Lonely Hunter'? It is about two deaf men and young teenage girl . If you had not read it yet you really should . It was written by a young woman named Carson McCullers.
That was a very sad story. :(

Back