im not sure what to do... need ur help.

Scorpionbud

Reaction score
im on probation for violation of whatever is. and if my probation officer didnt provide me a sign language interepter. what should i do? fill a complain?

What did you PO say about a terp?? Did you have a lawyer for. Your case? Do you live in a city or area that has a lawyer that handles ADA cases?? Try not to force the issue with your POsince he has you by the short and curlies.
Also look for a legal aide society in your area. Some lawyers will help you pro bono. And many will consult for free. A lot depends on where you live.

I don't know what you can do about the past meetings, but next time you have a meeting scheduled, inform your PO that you officially request the terp that you are legally entitled to. Then if one isn't at the meeting, you need to decide if you refuse to do anything but sign or if you just give in to him. If you give in you'll have a harder time getting the terp because in his mind you don't really need it and you've "proven" that to him.

You should have some legal representation, even a legal aid attorney should be able to find a terp for you and be sure your rights are protected.

Back