I'm new

pamelaann

Reaction score
I am so sad I'm job hunting and not getting hired I'm a very talented Pastry Chef,Baker,Cake decorator I just want to cry every day when i interview at some point i end up telling them i am hard of hearing after that i get a email that says sorry I live im Orlando FL just want someone to talk to.

I didn't tell my new employer I was hard of hearing. I did the interview one on one and so I used my risidual hearing along with lip reading. Maybe that isn't the most honest, but I know how hard it is to get hired when you tell employers up front. So I faked it. Once I got hired and went through orientation, I went to HR to requrest RTC services for my classes. They were pretty irritated, but nothing they can do now. I have a job, and they can't fire me for being hoh or I could sue them.

Of course, I don't know your situtation or how bad your hearing is, or if you can lip read or anything. I know everyone's situation is different. That's just what worked for me.

Hi Pam,

you can talk to me if u like. Here my email cory_zz@Hotmail.com or if likely wants to text me u can email me. I understand how that feel. People that you trying to apply for job went to far judge on you. you not only one. I'm also hard of hearing. I'm sorry u felt sad. I'm sure believe ur skills u have r good they missed opportunity to work with you.

Cory

I am so sad I'm job hunting and not getting hired I'm a very talented Pastry Chef,Baker,Cake decorator I just want to cry every day when i interview at some point i end up telling them i am hard of hearing after that i get a email that says sorry I live im Orlando FL just want someone to talk to.

Do you wear a hearing aid? Are you making every effort to tell them you'll work hard to communicate?

This is a tough thing to go through, but presentation is very important.

bad interview

Do you wear a hearing aid? Are you making every effort to tell them you'll work hard to communicate?

This is a tough thing to go through, but presentation is very important.

Yes I have a hearing aid if you ask them to repeat themselves a few times they think you are stupid and I'm not so I have to tell them I am hard of hearing and the last chef that interviewed me was french!!

Well my ex step aunt is a pastry chef and she made pastries and cakes and desserts to people and sold them for special occasions. Sometimes she catered for small parties or business meetings. Make your own facebook page and promote your talents in your area. Hand out flyers and post them on the boards at grocery stores, community centers etc. Social media is great to spread the word about a business..my friends opened up their own panini lil resto and they sell about 15 different paninis and some desserts and some mini to go pastas and they have a fb and twitter page and they've gotten so many followers and customers from that alone!

Back