I Saw It For The First Time...Wow...Unbelievable!

AquaBlue

Reaction score
I was traveling out of the country two weeks ago and found myself witnessing a hearing person (I too am a hearie) mistreating a deaf man. It happen in an outdoor cafe. The deaf man asked for paper to write on and the hearing cashier slammed the paper on the counter and gave the innocent man a dirty stare. Well I did not stand for it one bit so I stared her down until she took a step back at my anger.

The deaf man did not react because, in my view, that was the norm for him. I greeted him in sign and once I communicated that I was a hearing person he nearly jumped for joy (there are few hearies that sign). For 20 minutes we sign back-and-forth and he was thrilled. But I couldn't stay with him long because I had other people waiting on me.

The next time I see a hearie do that shit to a deaf person, I will give them a piece of my mind and/or a knuckle sandwich. That bullshit ain't right. WTF!!

True it isn't right, but don't hit anyone. You will just end up in jail. I am pretty good at coping on my own with that kind of thing, and I think most of us are.

Please understand that in no way, shape, or form am I (a hearie) like that idiot cashier. I was taken aback.

Yea, we have been treated like crap by cashiers. One time, I told a cashier that I felt sorry for her to be stuck at a dead end job when she was rude to me about my need for her to repeat the order.

Makes My Blood Boil

:mad: I think that's outrageous and not right. I am a (hearie) and when you hear stories like this wonder what century I am living in.

Try to act like deaf in Russia, you will face a lot of many situation like this.

Back