I Never Knew...

Jillybeanz

Reaction score
Hey there everyone - my name is Jill and very recently I have become interested in your culture. Actually, I never knew just how rich it was culturally! Growing up, I had one deaf friend, but we lost touch and for whatever reason she came to mind recently. I also, in the past year, took a class where the young girl next to me was deaf with an interpreter. I was fascinated with the language and decided to look around and see if I could possibly learn it. Possibly being the operative word, lol! I have always been interested in language and any culture, and since then have been taking online classes via LifePrint. I must say though - I never realized the struggles all of you have faced, the absolute ignorance, and cruelty of those you encounter on a daily basis - and my hat goes off to you for enduring all that! I don't know how you do it! I can certainly understand your frustrations, albeit not totally because I'm not in your shoes - but wow! And, I must also say how awesome it is that you persevere anyway, regardless of all the negativity and ignorance. Anyhoo - there is not a sizable deaf community where I live, so not sure where I will use any 'skills' I get in ASL, lol, but just wanted to say hello and how amazing I think you all are. Thanks, Jill

Back