Howdy folks

phreddy

Reaction score
My name's Fred, and I live in a small town in the British Columbia, Canada town of Princeton.
I'm a retired correctional officer who had to take early retirement due to my hearing going south.
Having lived on "both sides of the tracks" in the past, I got bored with retirement and now work with mentally challenged adults.
My hearing loss is at the profound level now and I wear Phonak BTE hearing aids, which are overdue for replacement. Just have to find the funds to do it with, but it'll happen.
Went to my usual audiologist and he quoted me $5,700.00 to replace them with what I need. I figured I was screwed because there's no way I could afford that kind of money. Then someone suggested that I go check out Costco. I was told by the clerk there that I could get the identical hearing aid with their brand name on it there for just under $3000.00 (Should (hopefully) have saved that much soon) but I had some doubts as to whether or not I was, in fact going to be getting the same model, so I phoned Phonak direct and was informed that the two hearing aids are, in fact, the same.
Forgot to ask if the #13 batteries are identical, as I have a pile of them that I've brought on sale to keep costs down. Anybody had any experience with that issue?
Looking forward to reading and learning with you all.
:wave:

:wave: Hi ! There are some people here that got their hearing aids from Costco , hopefully they'll come along and post something .

My name's Fred, and I live in a small town in the British Columbia, Canada town of Princeton.
I'm a retired correctional officer who had to take early retirement due to my hearing going south.
Having lived on "both sides of the tracks" in the past, I got bored with retirement and now work with mentally challenged adults.
My hearing loss is at the profound level now and I wear Phonak BTE hearing aids, which are overdue for replacement. Just have to find the funds to do it with, but it'll happen.
Went to my usual audiologist and he quoted me $5,700.00 to replace them with what I need. I figured I was screwed because there's no way I could afford that kind of money. Then someone suggested that I go check out Costco. I was told by the clerk there that I could get the identical hearing aid with their brand name on it there for just under $3000.00 (Should (hopefully) have saved that much soon) but I had some doubts as to whether or not I was, in fact going to be getting the same model, so I phoned Phonak direct and was informed that the two hearing aids are, in fact, the same.
Forgot to ask if the #13 batteries are identical, as I have a pile of them that I've brought on sale to keep costs down. Anybody had any experience with that issue?
Looking forward to reading and learning with you all.
:wave:
Canada in commonwealth is it possible get help in that direction..I know there burseries for correctional officers but if that is inclusive of commonwealth or just uk I not so sure

Back