How do I retire from world of turbocharging?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I've been amazed by price jump of old station wagons. I'm thinking it's partly my fault because I talk about turbocharging all the times. Therefore, people start to think it would be cool to add turbo to station wagons. Those old wagons gets snagged up so that they can be turbocharged all because of me. I was wondering if I retired from turbocharging, would price of those wagons go down? Then they would be more affordable to folks who have no interest whatsoever in adding turbo to their vehicle.

Is there such thing?

get a Subaru STi WRX wagon that's a boxer 6 with 2 turbos its almost like a Porsche!

Derek, if you retired from turbocharging the universe would be out of whack. :lol:

nah, go Rotary, hell, even better yet, get Turbocharged Rotaries!! (are they legal in your state??) if so, import a tripe rotar rotary from Japan, the Mazda Cosmos...and beef the hel up...its a real potent motor, they use it for professional drag racing...and you're talking sub 7 seconds cars here...

I've been amazed by price jump of old station wagons. I'm thinking it's partly my fault because I talk about turbocharging all the times. Therefore, people start to think it would be cool to add turbo to station wagons. Those old wagons gets snagged up so that they can be turbocharged all because of me. I was wondering if I retired from turbocharging, would price of those wagons go down? Then they would be more affordable to folks who have no interest whatsoever in adding turbo to their vehicle.

Is there such thing?

No if would not made any difference if you retire from turbocharged because you have nothing to do with happen to the station wagons in the first place.

I've been amazed by price jump of old station wagons. I'm thinking it's partly my fault because I talk about turbocharging all the times.

It's because people don't want a blob-shaped 'crossover' which is what has destroyed the market for station wagons. I'm a station wagon fan, I owned one, it was great - handled just like a car, but with a lot more usable space in the back.

Screw whoever told you that Derek. I can already see you go all the way in a turbocharged wagon duster til you respectfully die in one! :P

I'd rather the 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S !!

then have a Sti just for shopping...:lol:

no wait...hmmmm get a Ferrari 458 and stretch than in to a station wagon, there's 7 of those in the world based on a 456...(v12). yum !!

here's a pic attached

and link...

Ferrari 456 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Id like that for a wagon LOL

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
I'd rather the 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S !!

then have a Sti just for shopping...:lol:

no wait...hmmmm get a Ferrari 458 and stretch than in to a station wagon, there's 7 of those in the world based on a 456...(v12). yum !!

here's a pic attached

and link...

Ferrari 456 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Id like that for a wagon LOL

2013 Porsche 911 Turbo S for $ 181,100.00. :slap:

I stay avoid from Euro auto because their parts were so expensive.

Subaru is BEST for off-road and I don't think Porsche or Ferrari would do that.

Porsche have a SUV, but nah i dont like that i am a purist and old fashioned a 4x4 is to be a UTE...pick up truck nothing else...and a stationwagon for me has to do 180mph to keep me happy

If someone buys a porsche and spend $181k i think they can afford the parts and fuel

in theory they should be able to...i mean not the up and comers...nope, they always in for a nasty surprise

Porsche have a SUV, but nah i dont like that i am a purist and old fashioned a 4x4 is to be a UTE...pick up truck nothing else...and a stationwagon for me has to do 180mph to keep me happy

SUV + high speed + off-road= you are ****ed up big time. :laugh2: That's why WRC don't have SUV at all.

4x4 never good for high speed and transfer case may blew up if you going over 90 MPH. The 4x4s are best for high torque as pull/push. That's why Porsche/Subaru/Audi prefer AWD over 4x4 for high speed racing.

If someone buys a porsche and spend $181k i think they can afford the parts and fuel

Right, I respect people who own a porsche but Grummer is the one who prefer porsche over Subaru even he can't afford Porsche. :crazy:

SUV + high speed + off-road= you are ****ed up big time. :laugh2: That's why WRC don't have SUV at all.

4x4 never good for high speed and transfer case may blew up if you going over 90 MPH. The 4x4s are best for high torque as pull/push. That's why Porsche/Subaru/Audi prefer AWD over 4x4 for high speed racing.

Right, I respect people who own a porsche but Grummer is the one who prefer porsche over Subaru even he can't afford Porsche. :crazy:

Id settle for an used mid 80's Porsche 930 turbo, that's all i want

Back