Hi!!!!! Potato.

Kawaii Potato

Reaction score
Hi, I've come to this site to make deaf friends (I hope that sounds reasonable).
I am hearing and I am fascinated by how people use this language which is just so fantastic!!!!! I'm currently learning ASL but I live in Britain.
I don't know if there are any young peeps out there (below 18 possibly below 15) that I can be friends with because DEAF PEOPLE R SO AWSOME AND SO KIND. I had a deaf group of friends when my dad helped a few out and they were so nice. I'm 12 and if I'm too young for this website please tell me, I don't wanna look bad, I just wanna make friends :laugh2:

Hi, I've come to this site to make deaf friends (I hope that sounds reasonable).
I am hearing and I am fascinated by how people use this language which is just so fantastic!!!!! I'm currently learning ASL but I live in Britain.
I don't know if there are any young peeps out there (below 18 possibly below 15) that I can be friends with because DEAF PEOPLE R SO AWSOME AND SO KIND. I had a deaf group of friends when my dad helped a few out and they were so nice. I'm 12 and if I'm too young for this website please tell me, I don't wanna look bad, I just wanna make friends :laugh2:

I don't think we have anybody as young as you, but you should know that deaf people are no more awesome or kind than any other demographic.

We are just normal people with both good and bad qualities, exactly like any other group.

But I do want to add, I don't think it's very safe for young children to be out interacting with strangers on the Internet without parental supervision.

I don't think we have anybody as young as you, but you should know that deaf people are no more awesome or kind than any other demographic.

We are just normal people with both good and bad qualities, exactly like any other group.

But I do want to add, I don't think it's very safe for young children to be out interacting with strangers on the Internet without parental supervision.

Can I LOVE this post? Deaf culture is AWESOME, but Botti is 100% right.....we are just normal people with both good and bad qualities. Imagine if someone got all gushy about how awesome and kind British people all are, and turned you into their own "Oh they're so cute" hobby? That is what it's like for dhh people. We like hearing people who take an interest in us....but not in a " OMG Deaf people are so amzing and so fun and SO KeWlZ! " way.

I can be blunt (straight truth or facts) when it come to Deaf Culture and my Native American Culture. So sometime, it is not for young people to know about what is going on with Adult world.

I don't know if that is proper for a 12 years old kid to be in our AllDeaf Forum. :hmm:

Hi, welcome to AD forum.

There are few members that are under 18 and I joined this forum about 10 years ago when I was 17 years old.

There is website to learn about ASL but be aware, some people have different ASL styles.

I will have to agree with other people here , you really really needs to be careful at your age , there are people that can say they're your age and deaf and NOT be that at all ! Please let your parents see what you're posting here and DON'T try to go out and meet anyone no matter how awesome they seem to you . Pleases be very careful and try to met people your age at events for teenagers.

Back