Hi I'm new!

Eleni

Reaction score
Hi name is Eleni, 28 and I live in Austin. I recently got my Cochlear Baha Implant and starting taking ASL classes. I'm going deaf in my right due to meniere's. I'm having a tough time with my cochlear and was only told of the pros and very little cons CI Baha had. I wish could reverse this but I received a state grant to fund my surgery and CI. I just want to talk to someone who feels the same way i do instead of having people around me that have no idea what I'm going through.

Hi there. You live in Austin? There are so many deaf people there you should stumble over them on every street corner and soon make many friends who understand you.

Hi there. You live in Austin? There are so many deaf people there you should stumble over them on every street corner and soon make many friends who understand you.

My parents moved to Fort Worth last year....maybe I should follow them :hmm:

Welcome :wave:

Yes thanks you guys! I've been meeting more deaf people and not feeling so alone about my hearing loss. I go back to my dr on Monday to see what's going on with my cochlear. Still feeling sick most of the time with throbbing migranes and over stimulated fron hearing. I'll keep u posted!

They keep pushing me to a C.I. I keep pushing it away... Maybe one day... I hate a late onset of hearing loss personally... It takes some time to adapt for sure, but you'll meet tons of people who will support you and embrace you in the deaf community for who you are and can relate! All in good time! =D Welcome by the way and good luck to you! =)

Hi name is Eleni, 28 and I live in Austin. I recently got my Cochlear Baha Implant and starting taking ASL classes. I'm going deaf in my right due to meniere's. I'm having a tough time with my cochlear and was only told of the pros and very little cons CI Baha had. I wish could reverse this but I received a state grant to fund my surgery and CI. I just want to talk to someone who feels the same way i do instead of having people around me that have no idea what I'm going through.

Well you can just not wear the BAHA....but yeah....I'm uncomfortable with the strong marketing of the BAHA and the CIs........

Yes thanks you guys! I've been meeting more deaf people and not feeling so alone about my hearing loss. I go back to my dr on Monday to see what's going on with my cochlear. Still feeling sick most of the time with throbbing migranes and over stimulated fron hearing. I'll keep u posted!

Are you meeting young late deafened folks too? There's a ton of Dhh folks around Austin (especially since it has become one of those schools that people move to for their kids) but it might be hard to meet other young late deafened folks....still Austin is HUGE!

:welcome: My Friend had her BAHA reversed as in the external screw taken out and skin closed but I believe she has the other thing still inside her.

Back