Hi, i am learning asl to become an interpreter.

Heather Reppold

Reaction score
I am starting college as an adult to become an ASL Interpreter. I've waited late in life to go to college because I never had a passion for anything before now. I decided that I would like to become an interpreter because of my son. My son is disabled and is non-verbal. He can hear, however he his missing the part of his brain that controls motor functions which makes moving his mouth for English and hands for ASL difficult. Therapist and I are working with him on both the English language and ASL and between the two languages he is able to express his needs most of the time and sometimes his wants. I believe having the two languages work together has been the best thing for him. He has helped me see that although he does everything different, all things are still possible. Becoming an ASL Interpreter is a way for me to help him and other people to accomplish their dreams no matter what it is. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to this community, make some friends and practice signing with anyone to become more fluent in ASL.

:welcome:

And good luck with your journey to become an interpreter.

Änd you're a great mom!

Back