Hi, from Ottawa!

Licious

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am an ASL student in Ottawa, Ontario. I have only recently started taking my ASL class (this is week 3), and I absolutely love it. I am hoping to use it further in my career in film and television production. I would like to be involved in creating ASL media!

Besides learning ASL, I love television, cats, tea, reading and photography!

Looking forward to getting to know people around here!

Greeting from Ottawa!

Welcome to AD! :)

Out of curiosity, where are you learning ASL? Carleton University? Algonquin College? CHS Ottawa?

Last edited:
Greeting from Ottawa!

Welcome to AD! :)

Out of curiosity, where are you learning ASL? Carleton University? Algonquin College? CHS Ottawa?

I'm learning at Algonquin! I'm loving the class, but I definitely need to get out and interact more I think.

i was going to take ASL there but it was extra on top of my other tuition and fees so didn't do it. Also its evenings and that didn't work for me. Started one on one private lessons instead..much better :) there is a carleton meet up every thursday i believe it is at their bar can't remember the name of it. Also in the summer there are mooneys bay meet ups for deafies. There's also the deaf curling club that some people go to as well...hope that helps a bit:)

i was going to take ASL there but it was extra on top of my other tuition and fees so didn't do it. Also its evenings and that didn't work for me. Started one on one private lessons instead..much better :) there is a carleton meet up every thursday i believe it is at their bar can't remember the name of it. Also in the summer there are mooneys bay meet ups for deafies. There's also the deaf curling club that some people go to as well...hope that helps a bit:)

Ottawa Deaf Sports Club is hosting beach volleyball games at Mooney's Bay starting on June 5th, I think and everybody is welcome to join us for fun! I will ask my board fellow who is making this arrangements for more information.

Zebra, it is called Mike's Place. Now the summer is coming in, so the ASL/LSQ gathering will may move to Starbucks at 3rd Avenue and Bank Street. I will keep you updated as soon as I can.

Oh yes, we will have Ottawa MayFest upcoming this Saturday and I will be at one of the booths there all day. Their website is http://www.ottawamayfest.ca/.

Ottawa Deaf Sports Club is hosting beach volleyball games at Mooney's Bay starting on June 5th, I think and everybody is welcome to join us for fun! I will ask my board fellow who is making this arrangements for more information.

Zebra, it is called Mike's Place. Now the summer is coming in, so the ASL/LSQ gathering will may move to Starbucks at 3rd Avenue and Bank Street. I will keep you updated as soon as I can.

Oh yes, we will have Ottawa MayFest upcoming this Saturday and I will be at one of the booths there all day. Their website is http://www.ottawamayfest.ca/.

Aww man wish I had the $ to go! I totally forgot about mayfest! Darn

Hello Everyone,

I am an ASL student in Ottawa, Ontario. I have only recently started taking my ASL class (this is week 3), and I absolutely love it. I am hoping to use it further in my career in film and television production. I would like to be involved in creating ASL media!

Besides learning ASL, I love television, cats, tea, reading and photography!

Looking forward to getting to know people around here!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You can see on my Avatar that I am from Manitoulin Island on Lake Huron. It is good to see that you are from Ottawa. Just have fun and learn a lot about us discussing all those topics on deafness and ASL including debating on the devices (hearing aids and CIs).

See you around here. :wave:

Back