Hi from Manila and Fresno

SAMs mom

Reaction score
Hi everyone, very glad to be here. I'm marie, mom of 10-month-old Samantha. She's very active now and is crawling all over the place and loves dogs, well, small ones, so far. She's been wearing hearing aids for almost a month now to help with her bilateral moderate-severe hearing loss. Oticon Sensei Pro BTE.
We got her hearing aids from Manila Hearing Aid in the Philippines, before we left for our vacation. We're now in Fresno, CA, and need to figure out how to get started on her speech therapy and maybe get a new ear mold, as she's been frequently getting feedback. If you have any referrals or tips, I'd appreciate it.
I love how the people we've met on this side of the ocean either just don't mind the HA or are kinda just respectfully curious about a baby with something in her ears. They ask outright if they can't help it lol. Where I come from, often they kinda just skirt around it or try to look away if you catch them looking.

I wear Oticons too! :) (my hearing aid is just like her Sensei pros but I have an old version)

Where you living? CA or the Philppines? As always get hooked up with a Deaf School....even hoh kids can benifit from services through deaf schools or even attending deaf school. If you're in the Phillipines I totally would opt for deaf school so she doesn't fall through giant cracks....

Sarfarigirl, You're one of the reasons I went with Oticons! I remember reading one of your posts when we were researching HAs. They are nice and sleek looking and small, and seemed to sound better than the Phonaks that we're in a similar price range. These are her first pair and I'm afraid to spend more lest she lose them! Lol
We live in the Philippines but are visiting California and New Jersey this spring.

deafdyke thanks for the tip. Would you care to elaborate? I'm still researching and exploring support services and schooling. I've read that some kids go to mainstream and enrichment class, 2 different schoold? Don't know where or how yet though.

Sarfarigirl, You're one of the reasons I went with Oticons! I remember reading one of your posts when we were researching HAs. They are nice and sleek looking and small, and seemed to sound better than the Phonaks that we're in a similar price range. These are her first pair and I'm afraid to spend more lest she lose them! Lol
We live in the Philippines but are visiting California and New Jersey this spring.

deafdyke thanks for the tip. Would you care to elaborate? I'm still researching and exploring support services and schooling. I've read that some kids go to mainstream and enrichment class, 2 different schoold? Don't know where or how yet though.

awwwwww LOL!!!!! but yes, they do sound alot better in the highs (not the lows since I don't care much for the lows LOL)
even though my left ear is still bad but sounds great with my current hearing aid :3

Back