Hi from Arizona

AnnME

Reaction score
Here's the Cliff Notes version of me:

Hearing woman "of a certain age", as they say, with a 1993 BA degree in Sign Language Studies from Madonna University in Michigan. I worked for a couple years as a college & freelance interpreter (state certified, not RID), then had to stop because of repetitive motion injuries.

Moved to Arizona in 1999. Hadn't signed much at all until a couple years ago, when I met a Deaf woman at a local therapeutic riding facility. She helps me keep my two horses ridden, and we usually ride together 2-3 times a week. (So I do a LOT of one-handed signing, with the other hand on the reins ;-)

The more I sign with her (and occasionally get tossed into impromptu interpreting situations), the more I realize how much ASL I've forgotten. I'm retiring this summer and am looking for opportunities to refresh my signing skills.

I tried posting a question about ASL-to-English dictionaries the other day, and got a message that my post would have to be approved by the moderators. But I still don't see it, and haven't heard anything. So I'm trying here to see if I can post.

Back