Hi Everyone!

Caitie

Reaction score
Hey all, just found this site. I'm almost 26 and live in South Florida. As long as I can remember I've never heard quite right. I've always used captions when watching television or movies at home because I would miss so much. I hated going to movie theatres. I didn't like going to loud restaurants or bars because I was never able to hear/understand what my friends were saying to me. About two years ago, I started noticing that my ears felt blocked all the time. Then, the ear crackling started. Whenever I swallow or really do much of anything, all I hear is crackling in my ear. There are some nights all I can focus on is trying to relieve the pressure built up in my ears (to no avail.) About a year ago, I started getting crazy migraines, and sometimes random spouts of vertigo as well as tinnitus. The past few months, everything has gotten worse, and I've noticed some hearing loss. I keep putting off going to the doctor (I have severe white coat syndrome) but know I need to just bite the bullet and go and see how bad it really is. In any case, I've always been interested in ASL and have dabbled here and there, but have finally decided to get serious about it. I have a feeling it may come in handy in the not so distant future. Anywho, that's my story! I'm happy to have found this site, and look forward to talk to everyone :)

I never heard of White Coat Syndrome. I googled it up. I learned a little bit about a new syndrome.

It's horrible. I have anxiety issues in general, but even just sitting in the waiting room when waiting for someone else gets me freaked out. It's kind of pathetic, lol.

It's horrible. I have anxiety issues in general, but even just sitting in the waiting room when waiting for someone else gets me freaked out. It's kind of pathetic, lol.

Yes. I have anxiety experience of course. I have lots of cope manage :lol:

Back