Hi everyone

pdwoolson

Reaction score
Hi-
My story is not very interesting at all. It starts when I was born, I was actually missing my ear drums. My parents never knew it was possible but apperantly it is. I went through a large majority of surgeries from the age 2-4 and finally they found a product that is basically a plastic ear drum I don't know how it works, all I know is that I can hear. I never learned sign language but now that I have a broader understanding of what happened I would like to start learning sign language. If anyone knows a tutor or teacher on this forum that would be willing to teach me. I have a basic level 1 knowledge and l know about 150 signs. So please reply and tell me if you know anyone!
Thanks
-pdw

Hi-
My story is not very interesting at all. It starts when I was born, I was actually missing my ear drums. My parents never knew it was possible but apperantly it is. I went through a large majority of surgeries from the age 2-4 and finally they found a product that is basically a plastic ear drum I don't know how it works, all I know is that I can hear. I never learned sign language but now that I have a broader understanding of what happened I would like to start learning sign language. If anyone knows a tutor or teacher on this forum that would be willing to teach me. I have a basic level 1 knowledge and l know about 150 signs. So please reply and tell me if you know anyone!
Thanks
-pdw

Myringoplasty? That's the repair of the eardrum only. They really don't use plastic. Grafts are much preferable.

And then there is tympanoplasty, which is more involved and can replace the eardrum and also the little bones if they are defective.

Back