Hi everyone! So interested meeting you

Danae

Reaction score
Hello! :wave: My name is Danae and I am 19. I am not deaf but the last couple of months I've been interested in deaf community. I've been trying to learn some ASL online, but I've come to the conclusion that by just watching some videos and read some stuff I won't be able to. I don't really know how things are like in America for deaf people. Here in Greece there are so few people knowing sign language and few that are just interested in learning unless they have a deaf friend or family member. I don't, but i think it's as important to know a sign language just as to know any other language. I also study theatre so for me is really important too to be able to communicate in ways other than my voice.
I'm really interested in meeting people who could help me learn more about the deaf community, and if possible to help me on my signing (it is really difficult for me to find another way to learn)
So hello agaiin, and sorry for talking this much! (I itend to when I am nervous :$ and if my wnglish aren't that good, sorry for tha too..)

Back