Hi all

Lily7

Reaction score
You can call me Lily :) I live in Norman, OK. I'm turning 32 on Oct 24th, and am just your typical dog loving blonde hippie chick. No kids, two dogs of my own and usually at least 2+ extra dogs on any given day. I train and rehabilitate dogs and often dogsit for friends and family.

I was born with LVAS which caused me to start going deaf around age 4. I was profoundly deaf in both ears by age 11. Got CI's starting at age 23 but don't really use them right now (long story.) I was raised hearing culturally, but that was not my choice and I am not happy about it. I am glad to be able to read lips and speak normally but I'd really rather sign fluently and be part of the Deaf culture like I feel I was meant to. In fact my very first post here is about that. I forgot to stop by here first, lol.

My favorite hobby aside from working with dogs is reading, but I also like to play video games, watch movies, and explore new places.

Well, that's about all I can think of to introduce myself with. :) I hope to get to know lots of you quickly!

Also, my first post is missing, I posted it in General forum but it still has yet to show up. Is it in moderation or something? Confused. If anyone can clear this up, I'd appreciate it!

Hi Lily,
It is nice to meet you. I recently joined myself. I am hearing and learning to sign. Hope to chat with you soon.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back