Hey

VyxBee

Reaction score
My name is Ellie I went deaf in my teens. In the rural area I live in I dont often get to interact with other deaf or HOH individuals so thought it would be nice to reach out to an online community.

Welcome. You came to the right place. Land of misfit toys. Enjoy your stay.

i just lost my hearing due to seizures due to have had chemo im scared and i feel so alone im trying to reach out to the deaf comunity

My name is Ellie I went deaf in my teens. In the rural area I live in I dont often get to interact with other deaf or HOH individuals so thought it would be nice to reach out to an online community.
i just became deaf due to seizures im scared and i feel like im alone im also trying to reach out . if you need to talk im here

i just lost my hearing due to seizures due to have had chemo im scared and i feel so alone im trying to reach out to the deaf comunity
I lost mine due to a genetic disorder, in the beginning tried hearing aids but suffered horrible headaches while using them and the hearing loss is severe enough at this point they wouldnt be of much use anyway. I taught myself ASL due to a lack of any resources in my area and went 3 years before I even met someone else in the deaf community. I understand the scared feeling however youre already a step ahead by reaching out on this forum for support, any time you want to talk feel free to send a message.

I lost mine due to a genetic disorder, in the beginning tried hearing aids but suffered horrible headaches while using them and the hearing loss is severe enough at this point they wouldnt be of much use anyway. I taught myself ASL due to a lack of any resources in my area and went 3 years before I even met someone else in the deaf community. I understand the scared feeling however youre already a step ahead by reaching out on this forum for support, any time you want to talk feel free to send a message.
thank you your words are very kind and i apreciate it im trying to learn asl but its so hard and you right there is not many resources i thank you .means a lot

Back