hey yall

plg0006

Reaction score
alright everyone.. so im new to this forum! I have recently been diagnosed with a low frequency hearing loss and i hav been advised to get hearing aids. I am a college freshman and I am not covered by insurance so money will deff. be a factor on whether or not i can actually afford them. Anyone have any kind of hearing aid they love? possitives and negatives on the type you use? any suggestions? i have been looking and so far i am liking the look of the bte types but i am unsure. Dont want to gointo my appointment being completly blind to my options. Thank you

Hello welcome to alldeaf I hope be you adjust to you diagnoise!

Hey and welcome, sorry but I can't offer any advise on hearing aids really, I've pretty much stuck to the same ones since losing my hearing because the newer "better" versions don't like me LOL my brain refuses to accept the technology and makes everyone sound like robots D:
Could you not try some before you make a commitment to one? Or do you have to pay for that too? Trails should be available if you have to pay straight up ><

there's different brands U can try but don't be afraid to ask for a trial!
BTW, I'm an expert on Oticon and Phonak since I've worn them before :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. There is a hearing aids and CI section on this forum. Just have to look into it and read them. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back