Hello

Kongchi

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a Hearing person who is new to this forum. I just wanted to say that I deeply admire people who are deaf. There is a sense of strength, an air of courage and a hint of charisma that I notice when I see a person who has to use ASL as a means of expression. I myself could not comprehend the woes that this instills but rarely would I see anyone let this "bring them down" as I see this on a daily basis. I cannot express my amazement enough to see the human spirit overcome this hardship and play it off so "cool".

As to what has compelled me to join this forum, I cannot say. Maybe it's because I'm an INFP, which means I'm a feeler type. Maybe it's because I work at the block and have wandered on my lunches and was amazed to see that the deaf community is so family-like. Maybe it's because I would like to learn more.

What ever the reason may be, I am so glad to have joined.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You have to understand that we need to use ASL as a mean of communicating and expressing so that we can understand much better than trying to lipread and not have to use our voices.

In the Deaf events or in the Deaf communities, we always sign ASL a lot. The environment is very much in Deaf Culture. We love to use ASL better than oral way to communicate with hearing people. We are not always that cool as we are pretty much like you and other hearing people except that we can not hear. So communicate using ASL so that we can understand what you are saying.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You have to understand that we need to use ASL as a mean of communicating and expressing so that we can understand much better than trying to lipread and not have to use our voices.

In the Deaf events or in the Deaf communities, we always sign ASL a lot. The environment is very much in Deaf Culture. We love to use ASL better than oral way to communicate with hearing people. We are not always that cool as we are pretty much like you and other hearing people except that we can not hear. So communicate using ASL so that we can understand what you are saying.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thanks, where I work every so often, I see a meeting of various deaf meetings. It sparks my curiosity like no other and all I really do is admire. I work at the Block in Orange.

Hi,

I am a Hearing person who is new to this forum. I just wanted to say that I deeply admire people who are deaf. There is a sense of strength, an air of courage and a hint of charisma that I notice when I see a person who has to use ASL as a means of expression. I myself could not comprehend the woes that this instills but rarely would I see anyone let this "bring them down" as I see this on a daily basis. I cannot express my amazement enough to see the human spirit overcome this hardship and play it off so "cool".

As to what has compelled me to join this forum, I cannot say. Maybe it's because I'm an INFP, which means I'm a feeler type. Maybe it's because I work at the block and have wandered on my lunches and was amazed to see that the deaf community is so family-like. Maybe it's because I would like to learn more.

What ever the reason may be, I am so glad to have joined.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is INFP?
Btw, welcome!

Welcome to Alldeaf.com Kongchi. Not all DEAF persons use ASL. Some use Cochlear Implants.
You will discover this fact in this forum..

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Back