Hello

Muzixmonzter

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I'm a 17 year old Canadian. I'm hard of hearing... I'm really bad at introductions but oh well.

I've rather recently been officially diagnosed with Ménière's disease. I've known that something wasn't right for almost four years now but, being 'just a kid' and 'just a teenager' no one took me seriously. Anyway...

I have been learning ASL for 4 years now, which is quite a story for some other time. And am hoping to make friends who also love the language.

So hello!
-Mo

Welcome Mo! Are you getting good support services in school? I have heard that it's not that unusual for HOH kids to be placed in Life Skills classes in Canada. You may want to check out your province's School for the Deaf, just in case they offer anything. Sometimes it might be possible to spend a semester or so at a Deaf School.....and then there's always Deaf Summer camp for the kids who may be doing awesome in mainstream school, but still strongly benefit from a Deaf enviroment. I would think that most of the Deaf Schools offer summer camps.....and there's the Bob Rumball summer camp....http://www2.bobrumball.org/content/4/Camp.

What city or town in your province are you from in Canada? Well, that is good that you learned to sign ASL for 4 years. Excellent!

It might help you to find Deaf community or Deaf events in your area if you are not living in a small town. Most common is big cities where there are lots of Deaf people. Just have to keep looking out for them.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Enjoy and have fun reading and posting here. See you around. :D

Back