Hello :)

RxTechLA

Reaction score
HI all! I am new here. I am hearing in a relationship with a deaf man with a cochlear implant. He was very much into the deaf culture and also has two kids with two other deaf women. I am his first hearing girlfriend in 10 years. I have noticed some differences dating him, nothing too big of a deal. Also I am in the process of learning ASL so I can communicate better with him. Ever since we started dating he doesn't go to any more coffee chats or anything so I figured if I can talk with his friends - he will want to go again. So I wanted to say Hello :wave:

HI all! I am new here. I am hearing in a relationship with a deaf man with a cochlear implant. He was very much into the deaf culture and also has two kids with two other deaf women. I am his first hearing girlfriend in 10 years. I have noticed some differences dating him, nothing too big of a deal. Also I am in the process of learning ASL so I can communicate better with him. Ever since we started dating he doesn't go to any more coffee chats or anything so I figured if I can talk with his friends - he will want to go again. So I wanted to say Hello :wave:

Hello and welcome. Does your "...in the process of learning ASL........to communicate better with him." indicative of the CI not doing everything for him?

Again, welcome to Alldeaf....

Well there are a good bit of times he still cannot hear me. Also he doesn't like it on too much because it causes him headaches at times especially when the kids are all together. Plus it's easier to talk when he is more than 5 feet away lol. The CI does work but I have a soft voice and it gets challenging

Sent from my SM-N900P using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back