Hello

Promo

Reaction score
Hello All,

Was online searching the web for some helpful links to learn how to do some proper signs. I am a Coda living in VA, I've decided to maybe try and pursue a career in interperting I was hoping some people might have some usefull sites I could brush up on more formal skills.

Thanks!

Hello All,

Was online searching the web for some helpful links to learn how to do some proper signs. I am a Coda living in VA, I've decided to maybe try and pursue a career in interperting I was hoping some people might have some usefull sites I could brush up on more formal skills.

Thanks!

First of all, welcome to the AllDeaf forum.

Second of all, since you are a CODA, most sites are aimed to those who are new to ASL. So my suggestion is to check out Harris Communications for books related to interpreting itself as well as videos consisting of signs for the advanced user.

Harris Communications Assistive and Hearing Aids Products - Deaf, Hearing Loss, Sign Language

Thanks,
I will def. have to order some more books. I grew up signing but I know im not good enough to be a "Formal Interperter" which is kind of frustrating since this is my 1st language. I couldnt even talk until I was almost 7 lol. But I guess the rules are the rules.

Hi, welcome. Why not check out couple of colleges as well? My college has an interpreting program. Bloomsburg University if you want more info on it - also there is another college in PA - Mt Aloysius.

Hi, welcome. Why not check out couple of colleges as well? My college has an interpreting program. Bloomsburg University if you want more info on it - also there is another college in PA - Mt Aloysius.

I visited Bloomsburg University once and it was in the winter. The university campus is beautiful.

Back