Hello. ^^

Dyl

Reaction score
Hello to everybody out there on AllDeaf.com! ^^

When I was searching the web in hope of websites for the Deaf, I came across this one. Though I am not personally deaf, I am learning ASL to soon one day become an interrupter - there is even a Deaf man in my town where I live who talks to me.
Right now, I am only fourteen years old, sad enough. I am really interested in languages, and this is the first one besides English that I learned.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop this little note. xD

Hello to everybody out there on AllDeaf.com! ^^

When I was searching the web in hope of websites for the Deaf, I came across this one. Though I am not personally deaf, I am learning ASL to soon one day become an interrupter - there is even a Deaf man in my town where I live who talks to me.
Right now, I am only fourteen years old, sad enough. I am really interested in languages, and this is the first one besides English that I learned.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop this little note. xD

Hello. It would be perfectly possible for you to become an interrupter right now at 14 with no formal training.

In fact even though I am a deaf person, I have been interrupting people for years.

I even do it here. People sometimes complain about my difficulties staying on topic, due to my strong tendencies of interrupting!

However, they all agree that my word recognition and spelling are top notch! :lol:

Really? That would be really great. I would like to find some kind of volunteer to help thing for the Deaf around where I live.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Dyl said:
Really? That would be really great. I would like to find some kind of volunteer to help thing for the Deaf around where I live.

Umm just so you understand:

Interrupter: A person who constantly cuts others off when they're talking.

Interpreter: a person who translates one language to another, such as ASL to English, French to German etc.

Hello. It would be perfectly possible for you to become an interrupter right now at 14 with no formal training.

In fact even though I am a deaf person, I have been interrupting people for years.

I even do it here. People sometimes complain about my difficulties staying on topic, due to my strong tendencies of interrupting!

However, they all agree that my word recognition and spelling are top notch! :lol:

Best Post of the Day. :cool2:

Back