Hello to everyone

Newbie_ UK

Reaction score
Well, what can I say? I've made it at last. After putting it off for around a year I am immensely proud to shout from the roof tops, announce it in the press, whatever, but...

I've now got my first ever hearing aid!!

I've needed to get my hearing sorted for ages and I've finally gone and done it!

And I am soooooooooooooo, happy!!!

I can hear clearly. I haven't heard this well in, well ages, it is truly amazing what modern digital technology can do. I cannot believe the difference my hearing aid makes to my hearing. I can watch the TV with the volume on at level 9 when before it was level 30 something!

Why, oh why did I wait so long?:lol:

Yes, digital technology is pretty great. For my birthday/Christmas this year, I invested in a new Oticon.

And passed on my older Phonak Naida to my mother in law who is also profoundly deaf. It was fun to watch after fitting as she kept putting her hand to her ear and saying, "It's so loud, it's so loud!"

Welcome to the world of hearing. You are just arriving, and I am departing. However, you should be careful, though. Don't overtest your auditory senses too much.

Yes, digital technology is pretty great. For my birthday/Christmas this year, I invested in a new Oticon.

And passed on my older Phonak Naida to my mother in law who is also profoundly deaf. It was fun to watch after fitting as she kept putting her hand to her ear and saying, "It's so loud, it's so loud!"

Hope your new Oticon is serving you well Botts :)

Well, what can I say? I've made it at last. After putting it off for around a year I am immensely proud to shout from the roof tops, announce it in the press, whatever, but...

I've now got my first ever hearing aid!!

I've needed to get my hearing sorted for ages and I've finally gone and done it!

And I am soooooooooooooo, happy!!!

I can hear clearly. I haven't heard this well in, well ages, it is truly amazing what modern digital technology can do. I cannot believe the difference my hearing aid makes to my hearing. I can watch the TV with the volume on at level 9 when before it was level 30 something!

Why, oh why did I wait so long?:lol:

:welcome: I'm in the UK as well.

Digital hearing aids are great. I got my first lots of digital aids in 2011 and I was shocked at the different in quality between analog and digital. I'm grateful for my hearing aids and I try my best to look after them well enough for them to not need repair :)

Glad things are going well for you.

Back