Hello people !! Deaf, Music, Learning and Experience ..

Marko IIT

Reaction score
My name is Marko and I am a student at Illinois Institute of Technology. It is my honor to be in your community. I am a computer science major and I really need to help in order to initiate the project related to deaf people and music.

I would like to say something about the project first. We are trying to develop the application for windows, mac and android users which will create the interaction between hearing and deaf people by using music.
The idea is the application will, according to the input music, create the unique representation of visualizations, lyrics, vibration, sign language, dancing avatar with facial expression with movable lips... Further more, these music representations will be very complex and will require experience and knowledge in order to have special meaning to deaf people. So, the tutorials will be provided where we all together can learn about music concepts such as instruments, notes, melodies, scales, rhythm and how to perfectly interpret the visual, vibrational and other signs.

In addition to this learning portion, the application will provide you tools to create YOUR UNIQUE SOUNDS, SHARE IT AND GET A FEEDBACK FROM THE PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. Things only start here. The device will be able to catch the sound from the environment and transfer it into our offered representation. Imagine scenario where you visit the concert of your favorite band. This mobile application will provide you the signs which you know how to interpret and your experience will be very similar to their.

This is the idea concept and WE NEED YOUR HELP AND FEEDBACK. We want to know what do you thing about our idea and how we can improve it. the question which we would like you to answer is: What are the most understandable signs to experience music? what would you like to add? Show us your interest? we want your unique sounds and we want to interact with you.

please, if you want to help and chat with me, just send me an email on mzivkovi@hawk.iit.edu and have fun talking.

any respond... I would like to chat with you about music and music experience.. I play piano :)

Back