Hello, new here need help

SpearsCluster

Reaction score
I found this site looking for a question to be answered. And found many other answers to other questions.

I'm hoping someone can help me with the remaining one. Which will surely not be my last.

My family and I are closely affiliated with deaf friends. I was recently offered a sign name. I love shoes. And have a collection. My name is Christa. My sign name would be the sign for "shoes" but with 2 "C"' hands.

I was also informed that the sign for shoes also means "gay" in another state. I will not accept the name if this is true. To keep from insulting anyone at a later time.

If anyone could help shed some light I would appreciate it.

Thank you!!

Hmmm...I don't think I ever heard of that, the only way I know gay is sign is making a G sign and pointing to the chin but not that way that you are saying before...Hmm

I found this site looking for a question to be answered. And found many other answers to other questions.

I'm hoping someone can help me with the remaining one. Which will surely not be my last.

My family and I are closely affiliated with deaf friends. I was recently offered a sign name. I love shoes. And have a collection. My name is Christa. My sign name would be the sign for "shoes" but with 2 "C"' hands.

I was also informed that the sign for shoes also means "gay" in another state. I will not accept the name if this is true. To keep from insulting anyone at a later time.

If anyone could help shed some light I would appreciate it.

Thank you!!

I agree the only thing I could think of is that's close to using cl c

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Hmmm...I don't think I ever heard of that, the only way I know gay is sign is making a G sign and pointing to the chin but not that way that you are saying before...Hmm

Well, the letter L is at the chin for Lesbian (woman). The homosexual word would be the middle finger (right hand) moving from nose to the head for the man.

You are right there is no word for that when you are talking about shoes from another state. The shoe sign with a fists (alphabet S) tap together several times. If you are saying that your name is Christa and want to sign with a capital C so that meant you want to sign like shoes with C cups (side way) together several times.

I hope I make myself clear on that.

Back