Hello, new here and would like to meet friends

TJHollon

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this. My name is TJ. I'm new to the deaf community but and trying to learn all that I can. I am current learning asl and lip reading. I lost my hearing 3 months ago and am doing my best to adjust to my new world. I would love to make new friends and any advice or stories would be great.

Have a wonderful day.

TJ

hello tj...if hearing gone suddenly is it possible have some rehab

Hi, caz...thank you for responding. I don't have that option. I am looking at other options but I have damage that can't be repaired.

Hi :wave: Are you working or going to school or college ? If yes voc rehab will help with the cost of hearing aids.

I was going to school and am going to return. I already had hearing aids but because my inner ears have been damaged so much they no longer work for me.

You could see if you use a CART for deaf people in school if you do no know ASL .

I was going to school and am going to return. I already had hearing aids but because my inner ears have been damaged so much they no longer work for me.

Any chance you could transfer to NTID or Gally? Then you could learn ASL by immersian.

Back