Hello I am New!

CAPDWA1968

Reaction score
Hi :wave:
I am here because I was diagnossed with CAPD in 2002! At first that really made me mad! I knew what they said was true, but I hate labels!:mad:

Over time though I am coming, I guess, to accept that well.. this one does kinda fit. I am finally coming to accept the truth,after struggling so long to hear and be heard... I am finally open to dicuss what options there are for me to adapt and excel. . I am determined to not allow this to define me... yet I am not sure what all I can do. I would love to meet other CAPD folks and discuss what they do to survive in the crazy confusing world where folks are saying stuff.. I hear it... but it makes no since to me.
My audiologist in 2002 said my issues were centered around temporal issues (meaning that I recieve signals a few seconds late making following others hard. One thing I have tried to do is learn to read lips. A skill that is sometimes hurtful and irritating. Being able to see what they are whispering about me when they think i can not hear hurts sometimes.

Anyway hear I am! :wave:

Back