Hello, glad to be here :-)

Journey

Reaction score
Hello AllDeaf members :wave:,

I am probably older than most here but hopefully younger than some haha. I have always had an interest in the beautiful world of sign language and took my first night class in basic ASL quite a few years ago. Luckily for me, my teacher (deaf with a deaf husband) and I got along very well and have become very close friends. Over the years, I have met many wonderful deaf and hoh people and have learned so much. However, I have discovered that the more I learn about ASL and deaf culture, the less I really know. Life is like that isn't it ... learning more about something teaches us that there is still so much to learn! I am a very open person, never afraid to ask questions (or answer them) and always eager to listen to and share ideas, thoughts, opinions, experiences and a good laugh with others.

Hello. Are you deaf, hoh, or hearing? And how old or young are you? :P

Ah sorry, I guess I did forget to say that I am hearing. As for my age, I am 48which kind of puts me between old and young ... some days I swear I am a 28year old stuck in a 48 year old body and other days the mirror and my body remind me that I am indeed a 48 year inside and out. haha

Thank you sunny signs - what a positive and bright nickname you have :).

Ah ok Sunny then I should say, "Your real name is very bright and positive." ;-)

Thanks for the welcome smithtr and rockin' robin :).

Back