Hello from So. California!

DeafonMotorcycle78

Reaction score
Greetings AllDeaf! :wave:

I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I'm from Southern California, living in Greater Los Angeles area near the beach. I'm HoH, fluent in ASL, never been married (perhaps someday). I grew up with my family, went to schools for the deaf in Orange County.

Now I'm working for a great company, coordinating shipments. I enjoy going to the beach, playing golf, bowling, video games, people watching, teaching hearing people ASL (which I love to), travel, cooking, and many simple things!

I signed up, because I felt that I've been in hearing world far too long and hoping to reconnect with deaf people again. (new and old friends) :cool2:

And no, I do not have a motorcycle, although, I love em and will own one some day..(not the cheesy one mind you..)

Questions? Ask! (yes, I have vp, don't we all?)

See you around!

Greetings AllDeaf! :wave:

I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I'm from Southern California, living in Greater Los Angeles area near the beach. I'm HoH, fluent in ASL, never been married (perhaps someday). I grew up with my family, went to schools for the deaf in Orange County.

Now I'm working for a great company, coordinating shipments. I enjoy going to the beach, playing golf, bowling, video games, people watching, teaching hearing people ASL (which I love to), travel, cooking, and many simple things!

I signed up, because I felt that I've been in hearing world far too long and hoping to reconnect with deaf people again. (new and old friends) :cool2:

And no, I do not have a motorcycle, although, I love em and will own one some day..(not the cheesy one mind you..)

Questions? Ask! (yes, I have vp, don't we all?)

See you around!

Well, hello right back at ya from So. Cal! I've been lurking here until now, glad to meet you.

I'm HoH, age 46, US Army retired, turned scooter trash. I am "trying" to learn ASL on my own. I can't follow ASL if it's done to fast. No one around where I live signs, so, my only practice is on my own, might as well, I talk to myself anyway.

I live in the San Bernardino mountains. I am REAL new to all this HoH stuff, just got hearing aids a month ago, I really didn't know I was losing my hearing, I just figured everyone else around me were mumbling goof balls until my wife made me see an audiologist, hell, who knew I couldn't really hear very well anymore? Yeah, everyone but me...*Shrug*

I ride an 01 Harley-Davidson softail, so yeah man, get that scoot and live the dream! You can't go wrong with a good bike.

Cheers!

I really didn't know I was losing my hearing, I just figured everyone else around me were mumbling goof balls ...

It could be that you're losing your hearing and everyone else around you is a mumbling goofball. I hate to discount that possibility.

Back