Hello from Pittsburgh

nicoleleigh34

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Nicole and I currently live in Pittsburgh, PA. I go to school at Carnegie Mellon University for Business. I am hearing, but I have a large group of friends that are deaf. I decided to join alldeaf to learn more about the deaf community as I begin learning more ASL. I am going to begin ASL classes hopefully next semester. My friends have taught me some basic signing, but they all admit that they are terrible teachers and we all agreed that it's just easier for me to begin taking classes lol.

LOL @ the ending of that introduction, bless :P good luck with the classes! And hi there :)

LOL @ the ending of that introduction, bless :P good luck with the classes! And hi there :)

haha yeah they try to sign slowly and tell me what's going on, but then they just go back to normal speed and forget that I don't know what's going on. :dunno2:

Hi everyone! My name is Nicole and I currently live in Pittsburgh, PA. I go to school at Carnegie Mellon University for Business. I am hearing, but I have a large group of friends that are deaf. I decided to join alldeaf to learn more about the deaf community as I begin learning more ASL. I am going to begin ASL classes hopefully next semester. My friends have taught me some basic signing, but they all admit that they are terrible teachers and we all agreed that it's just easier for me to begin taking classes lol.

My mother in law lives in south station. :D

haha yeah they try to sign slowly and tell me what's going on, but then they just go back to normal speed and forget that I don't know what's going on. :dunno2:

Awww :( lol, signing tends to happen really fast, I can barely keep up, I forget the signs in a panic XD

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. It is good that you go to the ASL class instead of your Deaf signers as they tend to sign fast. This is the way we communicate like this. If you take the course in ASL, you will learn how to sign fast enough to sign with your Deaf friends. Just take your time like pace to learn to sign as you progress with them. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back