Hello, from Kim!

scugirl2013

Reaction score
Hello, hello, :wave:

My name is Kim, from California. I expect you will all tire of coming across this, but I am a new hearing ASL student. I started classes this past August. I absolutely love ASL! I am having a terrific time learning, even though I sometimes struggle and make mistakes, and I absolutely want to see this through until I am as proficient a signer as a hearie like me can possibly hope to be. I love ASL even more because it gives me access to Deaf culture, and I feel like it has opened up a brand new and very rich world for me. Right now I am learning everything I can about it. I know that I can never be a full-fledged member of the Deaf community, but I hope to be welcomed as a friend and ally. I am here at AllDeaf because I truly want to be friends and learn from all of you, and I hope that you will be willing to teach me. Right now I am obviously still very much a novice, so please be patient with me. I can't promise that I will never do something rude or hurtful. What I can promise is that I will never do so intentionally. That is nowhere near to being my style, so if I screw up chances are I don't realize it, but am obviously wanting to understand and to not repeat. I look forward to meeting all of you! So sorry if this post is a little rambling.

Kim

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back