Hello Everyone, I am new here. We all are different and special :)

rahul001silk

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am from India and 26 years old. I am hearing impaired and suffered from tounge tie too. But tounge tie is released and i am working on my speech and it is in final phase of getting close to perfection i guess :) For many years i lived in an delusion that my hearing will improve and speech is directly related to hearing so both will be fine. I believed this as i am suffering from Sinusitis too and doctors said i will be operated for it and it will improve my hearing. But it was all wrong, there is no treatment for hearing loss, the only way is to use Hearing Aids. I now use hearing aids and they are very discreet ones and they are from Exsilent. I am doing pretty well with them but I am a human so my hunger will never be satisfied and i will try Lyric in future.

I am here to make some friends, know about their experiences and tell my experiences. I am planning to move to US and Europe but I dont know when. I am into research and i am very passionate about it. I am working on Cancer treatment :)

I wants to help people (Hearing Impaired, deaf, Cancer patients, Survivors). Everyone needs love and care. I try to give the best I can

Thank You.

If you wana talk about anything, feel free to contact me here or on my email (rahul001silk@yahoo.com)

Hello everyone, I am from India and 26 years old. I am hearing impaired and suffered from tounge tie too. But tounge tie is released and i am working on my speech and it is in final phase of getting close to perfection i guess :) For many years i lived in an delusion that my hearing will improve and speech is directly related to hearing so both will be fine. I believed this as i am suffering from Sinusitis too and doctors said i will be operated for it and it will improve my hearing. But it was all wrong, there is no treatment for hearing loss, the only way is to use Hearing Aids. I now use hearing aids and they are very discreet ones and they are from Exsilent. I am doing pretty well with them but I am a human so my hunger will never be satisfied and i will try Lyric in future.

I am here to make some friends, know about their experiences and tell my experiences. I am planning to move to US and Europe but I dont know when. I am into research and i am very passionate about it. I am working on Cancer treatment :)

I wants to help people (Hearing Impaired, deaf, Cancer patients, Survivors). Everyone needs love and care. I try to give the best I can

Thank You.

If you wana talk about anything, feel free to contact me here or on my email (rahul001silk@yahoo.com)

:wave:...a question, please...what is "tounge tie"?...Do you mean "tongue-tied"?..and how is it "released"?

:wave:...a question, please...what is "tounge tie"?...Do you mean "tongue-tied"?..and how is it "released"?

It is clipped at the little membrane at the base of the tongue.

My younger daughter and my brother in law both had that.

Oh, and just wanted to say, I am the most special!!! :P

Wirelessly posted

Another superhero here you think, Botti?

I can not believe this person still think of getting rid of deafness when a person should accept their deafness. Do we have to go through over and over every time someone said we need to have perfect hearing? rahul001silk, you must be late deafened. You have a lot to learn about deafness, Deaf Culture and about deaf perspective that we all go through. :roll:

There is never any perfect hearing whether you have hearing aid or CI (Cochlear Implant). Also We don't use hearing impaired around here. You can use deaf or hard of hearing in your level of hearing loss.

Can you sign in your own sign language (India)? You did not mention that. You can not help people like us unless you were in the medical profession like hospital or nursing home. Other than that, you can not make us be normal just to be like hearing person. **shaking my head**

I can not believe this person still think of getting rid of deafness when a person should accept their deafness. Do we have to go through over and over every time someone said we need to have perfect hearing? rahul001silk, you must be late deafened. You have a lot to learn about deafness, Deaf Culture and about deaf perspective that we all go through. :roll:

There is never any perfect hearing whether you have hearing aid or CI (Cochlear Implant). Also We don't use hearing impaired around here. You can use deaf or hard of hearing in your level of hearing loss.

Can you sign in your own sign language (India)? You did not mention that. You can not help people like us unless you were in the medical profession like hospital or nursing home. Other than that, you can not make us be normal just to be like hearing person. **shaking my head**
The OP is from India and they may feel there is nothing wrong with saying
"hearing impaired". I can't believe you're all over the OP, you did not get to know her before rolling your eyes and shaking your head at her. Please do not speak on my behave.

Yes its Tounge Tied, Tounge is attached more to lower jaw and it is not free, so some words cant be pronounced easily. It was released 3 years ago but cutting the link between Jaw and tounge.

In India it is different, I dont use Sign Language. I am stucked in between Deaf/HOH and hearing people. I have spent 22 years without Hearing aids and no one can tell i have hearing loss as i Lip read people and stay active while conversating. I can help everyone as i am a researcher and i am currently doing research on Brain tumors.

I am here to make some friends and share experience with all people :) Thanks to people who have replied to my thread.

Back