Hello, everyone from Phoenix, Arizona!

Deafma

Reaction score
Hello! I would like to know if there are any Deaf people in Alamogordo, NM?

I am leaving Phoenix, Arizona on January 29th, 2015 and I do not know the area very well since my fiancé is currently in jail at Otero County Jail. I am homeless and I am 7 months pregnant with his baby. I already bought the bus ticket out to Alamogordo to be near him. So I was hoping that I would find a Deaf community there or ANY deaf people. I'd like to remain in the Deaf community because of communication reason. Thanks!!:wave:

:welcome:

I hope that you get the help and support that you need.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Do you have family like your parents to go to while you are pregnant? Phoenix, Arizona? I am sorry that you are homeless. My sister is a Executive Director of the homeless shelter in Santa Fe, New Mexico. You need to take care of yourself with your pregnancy.

I used to have some Deafies who were members of the New Mexico Association of the Deaf which I was and still am a member (lifetime membership) who live or lived there.

I left New Mexico, moved to Ontario, Canada and stay there for 18 years. After the death of my husband who I married for 15 years, I moved back home here in New Mexico. I had been living here for One year and three months so far. My sister want me to stay here as I am an Elder (old age at 69 years old).

So far there should be some Deaf people living in Alamogordo. How about finding a shelter in Alamogordo? They will help you if you need help like going to the doctor for your pregnancy examination. They will help you if you let them. I don't know what to say about this mess you are in. Good luck.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting if you have time to chat with us here. See you around here. :wave:

Um.. I dont think you guys are missing my point here. ONE, I DID NOT ask any of you for a place to stay. I asked people specifically FROM NM if anybody knew shelters for pregnant moms in Alamogordo. TWO, I asked about the Deaf community there where I could make friends. Maybe this was a mistake for me to even come here trying to make friends. I guess my friends in Phoenix are truly better than this.

To answer your question, Bebonang, I do have a father here in Phoenix whom I hardly ever speak to. The rest is history.

All I wanted to know how strong the Deaf community there or if anybody knows anyone down in Alamogordo.

Um.. I dont think you guys are missing my point here. ONE, I DID NOT ask any of you for a place to stay. I asked people specifically FROM NM if anybody knew shelters for pregnant moms in Alamogordo. TWO, I asked about the Deaf community there where I could make friends. Maybe this was a mistake for me to even come here trying to make friends. I guess my friends in Phoenix are truly better than this.

To answer your question, Bebonang, I do have a father here in Phoenix whom I hardly ever speak to. The rest is history.

All I wanted to know how strong the Deaf community there or if anybody knows anyone down in Alamogordo.

I am not being rude to you. I am being blunt if you know that. You have to think realistic about your life first. You are pregnant. Yes, there is a homeless shelter for pregnant women. I will have to ask my sister about Alamogordo homeless shelter for you if you still want to come and live in Alamogordo, New Mexico.

You are not reading carefully what I mentioned to you. You are still welcome to come to New Mexico if you don't know any one. How long will your boyfriend remain to stay in jail? :hmm:

Gotcha, Johnny! I won't tell her that the first line of her last response doesn't make sense, lol.....

Deafma, your first experience as an expectant mother?

I am sorry that you think this is bad forum. In reality, you gotta to start somewhere. Moving out of state is not good idea especially when expecting a baby because you can find yourself into legal limbo. It is because the father is the issue, moving out of state CAN backfire, depending on their laws.

I understand perfectly clearly why want to find out how strong Deaf in specific town. Really, there is no concrete answer due to too many variables, for example a town would have x number of deafies, and most of them are orally, while other town have x number (Same number) of Deafies, and majority of them uses ASL. But, I can guarantee that you can find Deaf down there no matter what.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Do you have family like your parents to go to while you are pregnant? Phoenix, Arizona? I am sorry that you are homeless. My sister is a Executive Director of the homeless shelter in Santa Fe, New Mexico. You need to take care of yourself with your pregnancy.

I used to have some Deafies who were members of the New Mexico Association of the Deaf which I was and still am a member (lifetime membership) who live or lived there.

I left New Mexico, moved to Ontario, Canada and stay there for 18 years. After the death of my husband who I married for 15 years, I moved back home here in New Mexico. I had been living here for One year and three months so far. My sister want me to stay here as I am an Elder (old age at 69 years old).

So far there should be some Deaf people living in Alamogordo. How about finding a shelter in Alamogordo? They will help you if you need help like going to the doctor for your pregnancy examination. They will help you if you let them. I don't know what to say about this mess you are in. Good luck.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting if you have time to chat with us here. See you around here. :wave:

Really off-topic, but Bebonang - where in Ontario did you live? I currently live just outside of Ottawa! :hmm:

Really off-topic, but Bebonang - where in Ontario did you live? I currently live just outside of Ottawa! :hmm:

I lived on Manitoulin Island which is on Lake Huron in Ontario. I had been living there for 18 years. I love the island and my in-law families. But I need to be with my sister and her children. I have my only son who may be moving back to New Mexico with his family from State Washington. It will be good to see them again. :cool2: :D

I lived on Manitoulin Island which is on Lake Huron in Ontario. I had been living there for 18 years. I love the island and my in-law families. But I need to be with my sister and her children. I have my only son who may be moving back to New Mexico with his family from State Washington. It will be good to see them again. :cool2: :D

Aw that sounds fun!! :D

Back