Hello Everybody, I really need your help with my dissertation :)

rosieralphy

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Amelia and I was born profoundly Deaf. I am currently doing my dissertation and I need any deaf person who has been either at a police station, in court, or in prison to answer my questionnare. A lot of Deaf people have difficulties in these areas and I want to raise awareness of this. All your data would be completely confidential and your help would be greatly appreicated.

If you want to answer my survey here is the link for it:

Deaf People in the Criminal Justice System

Many thanks

i told the cops my implant broke when they tackled me and i couldnt hear anything they said. They stopped asking me questions after that ahaha

i told the cops my implant broke when they tackled me and i couldnt hear anything they said. They stopped asking me questions after that ahaha

how did you deal when your implant broken and you did not know ASL when they tried to talk to you? curioous?

how did you deal when your implant broken and you did not know ASL when they tried to talk to you? curioous?

I think when he told the police his CI cost 75K, they said, "What, what? Can't hear you".......:lol::D

my implant worked i just told them it was broken so they would stop asking me questions. then a couple hours later i was released. I grew up with the belief never talk to cops.

my implant worked i just told them it was broken so they would stop asking me questions. then a couple hours later i was released. I grew up with the belief never talk to cops.

Lol were you in trouble a lot when you were younger or something?

im only 20. But yes i have had my fair share of trouble with the police. They are always tryna catch me riding dirty ahaha

Really!! you serious!!!

Many years ago, I got caught by police for speeding in my black 1993 Eclipse GSX AWD turbo. After that, police were watching me. I had to drive carefully. The price of owning a turbocharged car..........

They see you rolling, they hating, patrolling and tryna catch you riding dirty! tryna catch you riding dirty! tryna catch you riding dirty!

Once while driving on the highway I saw flashing lights behind me and pulled over. Wasn't speeding or anything so wasn't sure what was going on, but I rolled down my window and started digging in glovebox for registration anyway. I turned to look at cop only to end up staring in the barrel of his pistol and him screaming at me with red face and veins popping out. Scared me to death! I got out, got man handled, thrown on my car and frisked and cuffed with NO idea what was going on. I kept screaming that I was hard of hearing but nothing helped. All of a sudden he stopped, talked on his radio, undid the cuffs, jumped in his car and sped off, leaving me standing there bewildered. Found out later, mistaken identity. He was after someone driving the same kind of car as mine wanted in murder.

Back