:) hello! Deaf hairstylist here!

Deafhairstylist

Reaction score
:D *This is someone that is changing the world with one step of kindness! She is Guiding light, smart and bright, beautiful inside and out, and talented. *Is a Girl Scout Leader, for her deaf troop in austin at TSD, she is also Miss Deaf Georgetown!*

I decided to put my career choice as a hairstylist (thinking that having a deaf hairstylist would be awesome) *. I fought my way through to look for a beauty school, every school i had tried turn me down or didn't even respond, once i told them "i am deaf". People get so afraid to even try to make an effort.

*My mom found out abt Avenue Five, so we went to go check it out.*The moment i walk in to in avenue five *I was in love with the school, the teachers were so understanding and the students had so much energy, i knew from that moment that this place was meant to be! They were willing to help me in anyway to make sure that i understood what was going on, they even bought me an FM, sure there were times where it was hard to hear, when blow dryers were on, or ac went on, or everyone talking at once, but i eventually found a way to cope with it. *I graduated from Avenue Five on October 19, 2012!

*I have learned that i love doing updo's and creating whatever the hair wants to do, of course *haircutting and coloring is important too. I love learning something new everyday thats what keeps my energy up and making my clients happy and me happy! *I might not hear well but i have wonderful speech and i can read lips and i sign, i am a outgoing person once u get to know me. I am currently working on trying to pass the written exam, but for now i am gonna get my shampoo license and i would like to work and be apart of a salon, so i can get more involved and keep up with my motivation.

I am so thankful for my family and friends to be by my side helping me and guiding me. I have so many people looking up to me not just in *the deaf community *but the hearing too, they cant wait to see what i can do. Even though people say I'm not hearing enough or I'm not deaf enough, i am who i am! I am glad to be apart of both worlds, i call that a miracle.*

If you would like to contact me abt anything, please feel free to email me at deaf.hairstylist@yahoo.com

Back