Hello AllDeaf.com

akijione

Reaction score
Hi, I am newly deaf, because of a tumor. Loss all hearing. I was told the best way to adjust to my new lifestyle is to be around people who are also hearing impaired. I would like to get to know some of you, make new friends. My name is Akiji and I am from Hawaii. I now live in Colorado. I am also a T-4 complete paraplegic, that is another story.

I enjoy reading the information this site has to offer. Please excuse me if I seem out of place. I am still adjusting. Losing my hearing late in life, has really changed my perspective. I am trying to learn ASL, I found out classes are expensive, and hard to find in my area. Books, Internet, videos..I know it's not enough but a start. Any suggestions would be helpful. I lost friends who couldn't cope, I hope to make new ones.

Thanks again. thanks for reading.

Akiji :ty:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum.

First you need to go to the Adjustment To Late Onset Deafness which is in Our World, Our Culture, so that you can understand about your deafness if you are late deafened.

Then on (Sign Language & Oralism), You can find the Links to Websites for Learning ASL and then you can find someone to sign with you on Students Looking For ASL Buddies. I hope you can find something you would like to do for yourself.

I hope you have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Wirelessly posted

Welcome Akiji. :wave: Browse around, you will find a lot of what you are asking for right here. :)

Back