Hearing with a deaf parent, interested in deaf/HOH friends to practice ASL with

KhorneFlakes

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I came here because I started to become more interested in the culture of deaf/HOH people and ASL. I'm 18 years old and I live in Canada. I'm a hearing person myself but I have a mother who was born deaf (now hearing due to cochlear implants, she was never taught sign language though) and a father who was slightly hard of hearing. I've been studying how to do ASL for 4 days, and I'd like to have someone I can practice with but would also be a fun friend to talk to. In the past, I've not been able to meet many deaf people (only one who I fell out of contact with 7 years ago) and I'd like to know more about the deaf/HOH community and work on my ASL so that I'm able to help people out more. (Possibly work as an interpreter for deaf/HOH people.)

If you'd like to know some things about me, I'm a cat fanatic (or just a general animal guy), play a lot of video games, and have an interest in Warhammer 40K. (My username would suggest such) I like to do a lot of abstract and macabre art and I like to write Horror fiction. (I'm a big fan of the works of Stephen King too. Great author!) Along with being able to speak English (and of course bits of ASL) I also know some French and some Russian. I'm very friendly, tend to be a crudely funny, and I'll be glad to speak to anyone interested. If you could also help me in my journey of learning to speak ASL, I'd really appreciate that too. I'd also like to add that if people are interested in befriending me, I'd like to keep age range from 16 - 24, I don't feel comfortable talking to people over the age of 24 due to my current age.

Thanks for stopping by and reading this. - KhorneFlakes

You sound intresting...lots on here cat lovers.i write no more I over age

Back