Hearing Person Seeking to Develop a Friendship with Deaf,Interested in the Community

laraaracely

Reaction score
Hello everyone :) I am an 18 year old Texan Girl. I am currently learning ASL, and I'm very social and I would love to make friendships and become more involved and helpful in the community. I want the deaf community to become more known and active, because it seems like there is sadly a lack in involvement. Let's make this amazing community even stronger.

Hello everyone :) I am an 18 year old Texan Girl. I am currently learning ASL, and I'm very social and I would love to make friendships and become more involved and helpful in the community. I want the deaf community to become more known and active, because it seems like there is sadly a lack in involvement. Let's make this amazing community even stronger.

Just a tip. The Deaf community is actually larger than you think ;)
To some Deaf people on the forum, that comment about "Sadly, there is a lack in involvement" would be construed as an insult. Especially because you're a hearie ;)
Don't take this badly, because you have good intentions. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Happy posting!

Back