Hearing loss

Bonni

Reaction score
I lost my hearing 6 years ago and am now legally deaf. Besides paying 500.00 a semester what is,a good,way to learn ASK? So far I've gotten by pretty well with lip reading . Thanks.

I lost my hearing 6 years ago and am now legally deaf. Besides paying 500.00 a semester what is,a good,way to learn ASK? So far I've gotten by pretty well with lip reading . Thanks.

There are a lot of online resources available to you. Some are free. Lifeprint.com is a good one. It's Bill Vicars website. He teaches ASL at a university, but I can't off the top of my head think of where. You can also do startasl.com. They offer a $10 a month learn at your own pace program. That is what I'm doing currently. You can also check your local community college. They sometimes offer a non-credit class for non-students. I'm also doing this through my local community college. The cost at mine is $150 per class. There are two classes. The set up may be different at a college near you.

You also have the option of going on Meetup and find an ASL group close to you. This is been really hard for me as there is nothing in my area. The closest one too me is 2 hours away. Though you may have better luck. But whatever you choose, good luck and have fun learning.

Dr. Vicars teaches at Cal State Sacramento.

I really like his videos. Based on his videos he seems like he'd be fun. He seems fun and playful. He likes to mess with his students a little.

I like Bill vicar's videos. He is funny and likes to mess with the students. Look for an asl tutor in you area could also be helpful

I watch Vicars' videos. In one, he signs "draw" by imitating someone pulling a pistol out of a holster. I rarely laugh at non-profane humor, but that joke made me smile. Lifeprint is a good recommendation.

Last edited:
Back