Hearing guy here (no surveys or quizes I promise)

EMTJoe

Reaction score
Hello Everyone I hope it is ok that I'm posting here but here we go. My name is Joe I'm 23 from CT and I am hearing. My fiance is HOH and as our relationship is progressing there is still a part of me that is....I don't know the right word....but wanting to learn more about her and who she is as a HOH person and the obstacles she has overcome to get where she is. One constant thing that comes up in our relationship is that I don't understand Deaf/HOH culture. I recently enrolled in ASL class and I really really want to get to know/understand culture so that I can be a better partner for her ( I also would love to make friends!!) So I hope I'm not offending anyone by registering here and I really would love to hear your stories, your pet peeves, to kind of better understand what is it like to be HOH/Deaf. I hope everyone realizes I'm not here to survey you, to quiz you, i'm here to make friends, to get to know the culture and I hope that is something that can be done! Thanks

Last edited:
The best person to talk is your fiance if you want to know what it like for her being HOH. We can tell you what is like for us but it may not be the same for your fiance. One of my biggest pet peeves is a person going to other people to find out something about me instead of just asking me.

I'm deaf and have a hearing girlfriend who wants to learn ASL. She is planning to take ASL class next week. My girlfriend is excited and scared about ASL class. I hope you're looking forward to it.

Back