Hearing girl and new

miss tony

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I haven't gone around yet but I really hope I'm welcomed here:aw:

I'm a 21 year old hearing girl who studies graphic design and from the United Arab Emirates. In case you don't know where that is then it's in the Middle East. Arabic is my mother tongue, I also speak English as you see :lol: and I'm learning both Korean and ASL.

My interest first started from a TV series "Switched at birth", I noticed how deaf people struggle to communicate because not many know ASL so I decided to learn it to show I care. I have youtubed and googled, so far I know the alphabets, I can introduce myself, and I know few sentences. I'm also interested in deaf culture! I never knew it's different than ours and to be honest ASL and all that isn't that popular where I live but I'd like to raise awareness someday.

Maybe with your help I learn more and someday I would become an interpreter.

Thank you for reading all that :ty: and excuse me if there are any grammatical mistakes
-Tony

Hello How are your I'm new here and HOH. I love the show Switched at birth. I watch it on demand alot.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

ASL is the wrong sign language unless you plan to move here.
If you want to work as an interpreter in your own country, you will need to learn the sign used there.

UAE has it's own sign language - as Bottesini said, that is the language you should learn if you plan on continuing living in the UAE. ASL is only used in the USA and Canada, it's not universal, even in various English speaking countries (The UK and Britain have their own Sign Languages which are different from ASL).

Back