Hearing Aide Question

Roxane

Reaction score
ive had my hearing aide for years, i just got new ones
but they are the same as what i had before,
and hated to wear them, not because i was shy of them, but because i didn't like how i heard things, it was either to loud or to low
or i couldnt make out what a person was saying, even if it was really loud
So i refused to wear them, i even took them back to my hearing place i got mine, mine are simple, Medicade paid for them, so they aren't no really hightech peice of work, but what i could get to help me,
I can only wear it on my left side because that kinda hearingaide would do no good on the right side,
I would love a hearing aide that worked for me that i didn't have to worry about the volume, that it worked like your ear is suppose to
that i didnt have to worry about turning it up or down

Right now, i hate going to social partys with my bestfriend because she is all hearing, and i feel like an odd ball, trying to make out what is being said,

Or that is anywhere, i just don't feel good going anywhere,
afraid someone is going to say something and i wouldnt hear them,
The hearing world can be rude sometimes and im getting shy of that, id reither stay home then bother with the bs of it
What i hate most is my family, usely yelling well you'll hear me if you had your hearing aide in ......... maybe so, but id also have a headache do to me hearing all the tv's and the kids in the bedroom and whatever there is.............
My hearingaide just doesn't help me,

I guess what im asking is there a hearingaide that is actuly a good one, that blocks out everything else so you can hear what you want to hear and not whats in another room............

hopefully you know what im saying
It gets heard being stuck in two situations,
im hoh can't hear, and none of my family or friends sign,
which wouldnt do much good anyway im not that good at it

Thanks Rox

There are some digital hearing aids on the market that have special programs designed to block out background noise. The overall effectiveness of these programs depends alot on the degree of your hearing loss. Generally, the milder the loss, the more effective they are.

When I used to wear digital hearing aids with a noise compression program on them, I found that it blocked out *too much* background noise making everything more difficult to hear. As a result, I ended up having the noise compression turned off completely.

Are you currently wearing a digital hearing aid? If so, what brand/model is it?

Back