hard of hearing guy learning my way along

Forthepeople

Reaction score
Hi, I am the busy Alaskan guy back again. It seems like things have mellowed here towards the ones who still have some hearing. Mine has ratcheted down another notch making my work life a sharply increased set of challenges.
I saw it coming but was still not ready for that moment in time where I had after thirty some years of getting through constant difficulties was trapped into saying, "I cannot do that because of my hearing." Not just for a specific task but for my job.
Interesting the different perspective of people saying they would help and my perspective not wanting to be caught helpless because of that help for some reason not being there.
The construction world is going to have to put up with me again for another
five years, whoa. The difference this time being that I can no longer take ibuprofen or aspirin because they knock out most of what is left of the hearing. Massage and various methods of relaxation and stretching will have to take the place of the anti-inflammatories. Lots of people out there just like me finishing up careers that should stop now but health insurance costs dictate that they keep right on going creating more health problems as we go.
It is my job to adapt and keep on smiling...smiles!:wave:

Back