Hallo from South Africa

Dr. Magteld Smith

Reaction score
Hi, I am deaf and a researcher from South Africa. All my research is concerning deafness. My latest study was about the socio-economic status of deaf/Deaf people in South Africa. Any one doing a study like this in their countries?

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. You might be the first d/Deaf doctor on our Forum. I don't know if there were any other doctors who were d/Deaf. It would be great. Where did you go for your medical field where there are difficult to get accommodations for the d/Deaf and Hard Of Hearing? That is really interesting. Because without that accommodations for the d/Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, that would be impossible for any d/Deaf and Hard Of Hearing to be able to follow a professor and other students who want to asked the professor about the topic that you and the classmates were interested in. You would have got lost in what they are saying. Lipreading is not one hundred percent accurate and you get lost in it too. So how did you managed to pass all the topics in your class unless you were hearing before you lost hearing? Am I right? :hmm:

Back