Guy get Stolen Motorcycle Back 46 Years Later

I can relate a little. Bought a new Honda CB-750 in Pensacola, FL in 1974. I had it secured on the Naval Air Station with the fork lock in place and a chain and padlock around a light pole. I locked it up every night that way. A month after I bought it, I came out to get on it, and it was gone. Reported it to police. Soon after I bought a new car in 1975 for transportation.

It had been a year since it was stolen, when I received a call from the FBI. They said they found the stolen motorcycle in AL. It had been wrecked in an accident. They wanted to know if I still wanted it and I told them the insurance payed it off, so no. The FBI was involved because it was stolen on federal property.

That other story had a little better ending.

Last edited:
If someone steals my bike, I get a police report, then inform progressive and get a new 14 year old motorcycle. Same for my car, it's insured just enough to cover my mistakes against other cars, vandalism, theft and stuff like that but does not cover if I wreck my car getting money to buy a new one or repair my car.

I take security precautions, and the inconvenience it would cause would suck, but overall, I don't care.

Back