Grendel's Den

Nancy said:
This is a website of artist D.E. Christman....his artwork is SCARY...check them out in his "gallery"! :)

Someone told me these photos looks more Gothic, so I know that Patty and Chris will enjoy these -- especially the only photo that creeped me out: the man who put ketchup on the dead man's head. :eek:

Wow!! :kiss: Thanks Nancy, you're a darling! Chris and I loved it so much and we bookmarked the link. We're sooo tempted to use several uber-gothic pictures and create them into avatars/banners but we can't as they are copyrighted. Gotta respect the artists and The Digital Millennium Copyright Act as well.

As odd and sometimes offensive as my tastes are, that is far too much for me. Even worse is that its titled after a book that I loathed. Sorry, Nancy. I got to give this thumbs down. :thumbd:

cental34 said:
As odd and sometimes offensive as my tastes are, that is far too much for me. Even worse is that its titled after a book that I loathed. Sorry, Nancy. I got to give this thumbs down. :thumbd:

To each their own, cental!! Nancy was very nice enough to do this for us and we appreciate the kind thought. ;)

I am glad that you like the site, Patty and Chris. ;) I was trying to find some scary pictures, and this is one of the sites that came up....so I thought you guys, and the others on AD would like to check it out since this is Halloween month. :)

I think I am going to use the photo of the guy who is going to eat the head of another man...to my brother by email on Halloween. ;) It's been done before -- once I sent him photos of C.I. photos where it showed inside a person's inner ear....I asked him if he saw it when he came over...and he had this "oh geez" look on his face (like it made him sick). LOL
the ironic thing is he enjoys looking at surgeries but not photos of CIs operations on the head?? :)

not impressed

after going to getting a b.a. in the fine arts,and being a biker who has seen the world.... i find it boring ,tame,and just plain amateur.the pic with ketchup head is a wanna be copy from the 1960s shocking stories....wow...so ..bland....mind numbing.......cant typ..mmoooooooooooooooooooore..

Pat and Chris could like Bacon's works as well...

http://www.francis-bacon.cx/

I was studying him in my Modern Art History class and his artworks creeped me out. He was actually basing his artworks on classical works like by Titian, Da Vinci, Velasquez, et cetera.

headvi.jpg

Pope_Innocent_X.jpg

You see the similarities in posture and attires? Bacon did thirty versions of this classical painting from 1650 by Velasquez before Bacon died.

For me, it just... creeped me out because it showed me how evil the Church is... and the way the face distorted... MY GOD. It was unbearable to sit in the front row to a wall-size projected image of Bacon's work.

:devil:

Very spooky ! *shudders*
I don't like the kind of "darkness" like these images.

*holds on to the bed, teeth chattering* now that's scary artwork!

Back