Greetings

Soundless

Reaction score
Greetings all

My name is Mallory, I'm twenty years old currently residing in South Carolina and am actively trying to learn Asl. Last year I had a traumatic brain injury which resulted in me having issues with speech and some hearing loss which is gradually getting worse as time progresses. So i'm hopeful that with asl I will be able to communicate a bit more easily with family as I'm the last one to learn it.

I am curious about something - may sound foolish I just really have no clue but would it interfere with others understanding certain signs if your hands shake? I'm doing physical therapy right now to get a little more control over the fine motor skills and have a constant tremor in both hands. I'm worried signs may not be as fluid or confusing due to this but don't know.

Any way I hope you all are having an okay day and look forward to getting to know y'all.

To most proficient signers they understand .deaf people have strokes arm injuries etc you be fine people see if you got problems and if they decent people they will help have patience
:)

:wave: HI ! I like your username ! I lost more hearing after I had a head injury in an auto accident , sorry to hear about your.

:wave: my experience with hand issues while signing is that it doesn't have to be a big thing. When I broke my arm and interacted with a friend who is Deaf it was no issue.

My experience with native signers is that examples such as signing with one hand, with stuff in their hands, driving, holding a baby, with physical hand/arm differences...all sorts of maunal-related situations and it's no problem.

Am glad you're continuing to recover from your accident.
I have learning disabilities and speech issues personally.

Back